Please login to continue
Having Trouble Logging In?
Reset your password
Don't have an account?
Sign Up Now!
Register for a New Account
Choose Password
Confirm Password

Planned Giving

Planned Giving

Planned giving is another way to support the mission of Reach Beyond. These kinds of gifts require careful thought and planning, usually with a financial advisor, lawyer or CPA. By making a planned gift, you can continue the work of Reach Beyond during and after your lifetime. There are three main categories of planned giving. Which gift is right for you?

family taking selfie 
1.  Gifts That Pay You Income

Support the ministry of Reach Beyond while earning income at the same time.

  • Charitable Gift Annuities: A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you, the donor, and a nonprofit like Reach Beyond, that allows you to transfer assets to Reach Beyond, and in exchange, receive a partial tax deduction and a fixed income for your lifetime.
  • Charitable Remainder Trusts: A charitable remainder trust is an arrangement where you, the donor, transfers assets to a trust, instead of Reach Beyond, for a partial tax deduction. You or your beneficiaries receive income from the trust for a set period of time, after which the remainder of the trust is transferred to a nonprofit like Reach Beyond.

Gifts That Create A Legacy

Estate planning by creating a will or living trust not only helps protect your family, but it also can make your wishes known, including what legacy you want to leave. By including Reach Beyond in your estate planning, you can lower the tax burden on your estate and continue the work of reaching the least reached, even after death.

  • Charitable Bequest: If Reach Beyond is included in your will or trust, a donation will be made after your passing as a legacy gift to the organization.
  • Living Trusts: With a living trust, you can place your assets into a trust for your benefit during your lifetime, but include Reach Beyond as a designated beneficiary to receive a donation upon your death.
  • Beneficiary Designations: In addition to listing Reach Beyond as a beneficiary in your will and trust, you can also include the mission as a beneficiary in life insurance, retirement and annuity plans.


3.  Gifts You Make Today

Start reaching the least reached by giving a gift that can be used by the ministry today.

  • Outright Gifts: Whether it is cash, stock, securities, business interests or real estate (before sale), outright gifts can be liquidated or transferred to be used by the ministry now.
  • IRA Charitable Rollover: The IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals over age 70 ½ to directly transfer up to $100,000 per year from an IRA account to a nonprofit like Reach Beyond without having to count the transfer as income for federal tax purposes. It makes it easier to use IRA assets, during lifetime, to make charitable gifts.
  • Charitable Lead Trust: A charitable lead-trust is an irrevocable trust designed to provide financial support to a nonprofit like Reach Beyond for a period of time, with the remaining assets eventually going back to the donor or beneficiaries. It is the inverse of a charitable remainder trust.
  • Donor-Advised Funds: Donor-advised funds are a tax-effective way to consolidate, accrue and grant assets to nonprofits like Reach Beyond. After making a tax-deductible donation to set up the fund, your money has the possibility of growing, tax-free, based on your investment preferences. You then decide when to transfer funds to your nonprofit of choice.
  • Endowed Gifts: Endowed funds are large gifts made to a nonprofit like Reach Beyond, where the gift is invested directly and the generated income is used to fund whatever the donor specifies. The principal gift is never touched but continues to generate income for Reach Beyond in perpetuity.


Please contact us before making your planned gift so that we can answer questions and talk through the options. Have you already included Reach Beyond in your estate planning? Let us know! | 800-525-8857


The information on this website is subject to change and not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.